Tuesday 12 April 2016

Sentiments Bundle - DigiStamp Boutique DT

Hello everyone :o)

For today's cards I've used the new Sentiments Bundle from DigiStamp Boutique, with this week's Less is More challenge (1 layer, geometric shapes or patterns) in mind.

They look simple don't they?... hmmm!



The amount of binned versions of these cards... ooh they did make me say some naughty words!  Smudged stamping, stray blobs of distress ink... one layer cards are so hard, because you can't get away with anything!

Anyway, these were eventually done by turning the sentiments diagonally in Word, then stamping the borders, then cutting a hexagon background die and using that as a stencil to ink through.

Items Used
NEW Sentiments Bundle - Everyday - DigiStamp Boutique
Kelly Panacci border stamps (very old and hardly used)
Hexagon die (unknown make)
Distress Inks in Festive Berries & Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers & Cracked Pistachio

Do any of you sell on Folksy?  I've just started setting up a shop, although I haven't actually put anything in it yet.  Is it easy to use, and are you getting sales?

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely day :o)

18 comments:

Esther said...

I love these! The diagonal layout and fab colours really make the cards stand out, and the 'stitched' borders are brilliant! Great OLCs!

Unknown said...

What pretty cards and I love the colours and the design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Whisper said...

Oooo they are so worth all the frustration, they caused you, Luv Sam x

Liz said...

I'm with you on the One Layer cards - they can be so frustrating sometimes - no room for mistakes. You made two gorgeous cards here though, worth all the effort and the occasional naughty word! ;-) xx

Sid said...

Two simply great cards !!

Susan said...

So pretty, love your colors! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Unknown said...

Just love your cards, those sentiments are great, must take a look at them, really like that border stamp too. Karen x

Annette said...

Very clever layout and use of the hexagon die as a stencil and a lot of patience!! Very effective though, and worth the effort!

Lorraine said...

They were worth the frustration, they're gorgeous. Love the designs
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

These are perfect examples of fabulous one layer cards...perfect!! Can't help with Folksy, but it sounds like a great idea!! xx

Carole J said...

These are beautiful one layer cards! I love the ombre effect and the sentiments, but I have a question...how do you use a digi sentiment in a one layer card? I can't figure that out. xx

Debra K. said...

Wonderful cards Lisa! The ombre effect is one of my favourites, not tried it myself mind you. I've not actually heard of Folksy but I hope when you're completely set up with it you get lots of sales :). Debra x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Lisa well you made 2 fantastic cards here, I m not sure I could make a one layer card, I think I must try this ombre effect it is so effective
Hugs
Jacqui xxxx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Lisa well you made 2 fantastic cards here, I m not sure I could make a one layer card, I think I must try this ombre effect it is so effective
Hugs
Jacqui xxxx

Pia S said...

It always amazes me how different a card with the same layout and materials can look by just a change of color. These look great!

Chrissie said...

Love this layout and love your inking!
Superb cards Lisa!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

OH WOW! I'm swooning here Lisa, gorgeous inky blending and what gorgeous stash too. Fantastic takes on the challenge. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

Neets B said...

Well done for persevering. I was going to say you could make a great set of these, perhaps not though as you would probably be pulling your hair out! OLCs can be a nightmare but great results when they work, just like these. I've been meaning to set up a shop for a while, just not found the time - not sure whether to go down the Folksy or Etsy route though. Let me know how it goes :)
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More