Saturday 13 January 2018

Sweet Stampin' - lots of layers

Hello :o)  Thanks for all your lovely comments about my mum... unfortunately, although she was sent home from hospital a few days ago, she collapsed and passed out at home today so she's been taken back in.  I'm still waiting for news of how she's doing.

I'm here with my card for this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin', where our challenge is 'lots of layers', which is basically my usual style!


This was Dexter's birthday card - he loves our ginger cat (Boris) and the colour purple, so I used some leftover bits of Doodlebug papers and that fab cat from Gerda Steiner Designs, coloured with copics.  I've just signed up for the monthly pencil class with Kit & Clowder though, so maybe I'll actually start getting some use out of my Prisma pencils - Pav's bought me the year of classes for my birthday, and he's let me have them a few days early.  Maybe some mindless colouring (and knitting) will help take my mind off things.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Fab n Funky - happy
Little Red Wagon - boy oh boy
Simon Says Wednesday - use patterned paper

Ooh, I almost forgot - some good news for today is that Morgan has been selected for the Sheffield Sharks under-16s basketball team... how amazing is that?!  Super proud of him, and he's so excited.

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening :o)

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Lisa, love all the layers and fab papers.
Congratulations Morgan - that's brilliant.
I hope your Mum is OK - sending hugs
Lorraine x

JanR said...

Great card! I'm especially loving the purple. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Debra K. said...

What a great card for Dex! I love Boris the cat, fabulous colouring going on their Lisa.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mum :(. Do you think they sent her home too soon? Sending her my best wishes and hope they sort her problem out very quickly.
Wow! Congratulations to Morgan, that's a real achievement. My sons have played against Sheffield when they were kids and they were tough to play. Debra x

Debra K. said...

*there. Too early in the morning to think straight :D . Debra x

Andrea said...

Love this wonderful card!!! Nice stamp and great coloring!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Carole Pollard said...

Great fun card and well done Morgan Hope your Mum gets well soon Love and hugs Carole x

Janette said...

Great fun card, well done to Morgan, that's fabulous...xxx

Annette said...

Happy birthday to Dexter and well done to Morgan too. Sorry to hear about your mum sweetie. Hope you have some good news soon. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super card as always Lisa.
Faith
x

Judith said...

Aw this is so cute lisa - fab layout -thank you for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week too! hugs Judith x

Liz said...

Cute card, Lisa, love the bright design.

Sorry to hear that your Mum is back in hospital. Hope she will be feeling better soon. xx

pinky said...

Love your card Lisa, the colours are so bright and cheerful.